i’ve been on a big potato kick lately, roasting them, boiling, baking, eating them plain with butter, with eggs, making them into a salad. the options are endless! ivan and i wanted to call this a summer salad but we decided it required to much use of the oven for that name, so we’ll just call it a delicious salad that’s packed full of fresh herbs! – joanie
what you’ll need:
• 1 pound of small or fingerling potatoes
• 8-10 red radishes
• 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
• 3 green onions diced
• 8 oz burrata cheese
• 2 cups spring peas
• 1 large shallot thinly sliced
• 1 cup mint chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 garlic cloves finely diced
• 3-4 thyme sprigs
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
• zest of 1 lemon
• 1 lemon juiced
• salt to taste
• pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. wash and slice the larger radishes in half. pat dry and lay on a baking sheet. drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt, we also added a few springs of thyme. bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside.
• fill a large pot with water, add salt and bring to a boil. add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. once cooked drain water and set the potatoes in a large bowl to cool.
• in a frying pan melt the butter on medium heat. add the thyme, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and zest. stir for about 4-5 minutes until all the flavors have incorporated. set the dressing aside.
• using the same pan as the dressing, fill with about 1 inch of oil (we used avocado oil for its mild flavor and high smoking point) heat on medium heat and add the thinly sliced shallots. cook for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. remove from oil and place on a paper towel.
• to assemble the salad, add the radishes to the same bowl of potatoes, then the parsley, mint, green onions, fried shallots, spring peas. break apart the burrata into smaller chunks and spread evenly throughout the salad. drizzle the dressing on top and toss! finish with more salt and pepper and serve slightly warm, you won’t regret it!
images by: ivan solis
styling by: joanie + ivan
Read more: designlovefest.com